I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Friday, November 13, 2009

BEDN Day 13- "blueprints for future homes"

ok, so I totally ripped off the title from a song by Norma Jean. But I think it's a pretty good title considering in this blog im going to talk about my plans for my place of living when I can finally move out.

This type of thing (moving out) excites me. (Although it took a while before I started REALLY REALLY wanting to do it) So naturally, ive thought about it A LOT!

I have many many plans for what it's going to be like living on my own. It's probably going to be about another year or two at least before I can afford it though :(

First I need to get a job. Meaning I need to put in an application, get a call back for a job interview and actually have them set up a freaking time to interview me. You may think that I've just said that out of experience. Well, I have. Toys R Us called me for an interview and said they'd call back to set up an appointment. I called them about 7 times in the 5 weeks that they didnt call me. The last time I called up there they said "i'd let you talk to the hiring manager but he's actually doing interviews right now." I took this to mean, hey, we did interviews and didnt call you so we dont want you but were not going to fucking tell you. were just going to ignore you till you get so frustrated that you'll leave on your own accord.

Bastards

AAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS.

Living on my own is probably going to be the coolest thing ever. I was kinda freaked out by it for a while but i've gotten to that point where I want to do it and have gracefully accepted that feeling inside of wanting to do it. Hopefully I can channel that into the effort i'll have to put in to get the gears turning to get working on it.

I view living on my own as complete and total control over pretty much aspect of my life. I cant even fathom how awesome this is going to be. Of course i'll be all like, "AHHH, i hate bills, blah blah" but there are going to be so many things to look forward to that it will be worth it.

I guess i'll start at the surface. I have a few (very childish) plans for initial moving in to my own place.

Over the past few years I have bought lots of my own furniture for my room. I get to keep all this furniture. When I got the bookshelf, dvd shelf, dvd rack, tv stand, other shelf and this weird wire cart with shelves on it, I knew that I was making an investment for my future. I think im probably going to leave my TV though. Im going to let my brother have it and get a better one. Im going to try to use this as compensation to my brother because he's not going to be happy when I take the Nintendo 64 with me.

Jeez, i just thought about it and im going to have to buy a bed frame :/

Ok, so ive got some of my organizational furniture out of the way. One thing I plan on doing at some point in time (depending on how much space I have to put this thing in). I want to get a ginormous book shelf. One that's big enough to call the area where it's at "the library" or "the study". The other thing involved with that is that im going to need enough books to actually fill the shelf. It doesnt have to be entirely full but it will look weird w/ giant book shelves and only like one shelf of books. Im hoping that I can acquire a decent amount of books in the next few years. I dont know why but the thought of it just excites me. The idea of bookshelves and different people's bookshelves and ahhhh. I dont even know, its just awesome.

A few other decoration type things that I plan on getting once I have my own place and have room for them: Im going to go to slackers and buy a cardboard cutout of Boba Fett. They also have HUGE posters there so i kinda want to get one of those too.

Ok, enough of the fantasy things, now is when I talk about the awesome life changes I'll get to have.

I am a very organized person. While I let things get out of hand sometimes, i generally like everything to be neat. I strongly believe in the phrase "a place for everything and everything in it's place". It makes so much sense to me. I have a special place for almost everything ever and I put things back where I plan them to be when im done with them. A messy room gives me a headache. A clean room puts me in a very good mood because my environment is not cluttered. The problem with this love of organization is that the rest of my family does not share this love. My mom does to a certain extent but she does not have enough time and energy to keep up with the mess that my dad and my brother can make. They're both really bad at putting things back. My dad leaves dishes and cups all of the house. He'll also put trash anywhere except the trash can. So when I live on my own, EVERYTHING will be clean all the time. If something is a mess, it's going to be my fault in the first place so I wont feel like I have to live in other people's mess. Plus, how messy can one person be living alone as opposed to someone living with three other people.

Ill be able to eat perfectly. I eat about half as healthy as I actually should. We'll, some things that I shouldnt eat just happen to be in the house. When im on my own, ill be able to eat healthier by not buying certain things and only buying the good/healthy ones.

The clean-ness and eating right (not to mention eating on my own time) are the two big things. There are other things like my life schedule will be based around MY life, not other people (other than school and/or work of course). There are other things that I will probably enjoy that I dont even know about yet that I will find out about when I actually start living alone.

Im looking forward to it so much that im afraid im going to like it too much and than possibly hate it when I have to start living with a girlfriend/fiance/wife. So for now, im just not going to think about that yet.

1 comment:

You should definitely comment. Since there's not view count I dont know who/how many are actually reading this.