I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

BEDN Day 8- How I met Muse but didnt know who they were :(

The title is mostly self explanitory. However, it raises all questions as to how it went down so here's the story:

We were at this place called "Fast Lane", they sell old cars. My dad was looking at this really cheap 1950 Ford that he was thinking of buying. While we were there there were these three guys walking around looking at stuff. We ended up running into them and while i was close up to them I noticed that they seemed familiar but I couldnt quite figure it out. They stared at me with this weird look (which I would later find out was a look of "do you know who we are and that is why you're staring at us?). My dad decided to get the car. While we were in the office finalizing everything we got to talking about the three weird young guys walking around because the owner of the place said that they each bought a car. He said that they were some band from the UK called Muse and i was like OH! THAT'S WHERE IVE SEEN THEM BEFORE! (they all drove mini coopers btw, it was pretty rad)

I had just seen their video for "Hysteria" a few days/weeks before this. I had never known about them until that video because that's when they made some headway in the US. So I went home and looked up some of their music, but my my naive 14 year old self listened to their high vocals and said they suck. Now, years later and with a better sense of good music, i really love Muse and have major regret for not talking to them while i was in their presence.

What are the chances of running into internationally famous people from the UK in a highly unsignificant location in the dead center of the US? Weird.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch,that must of been horrible. seeing a really great band and not even talking to them...Well,at least you can say you met them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats pretty awesome, but kinda sad at the same time. but still really cool that you got to see them. muse is a really great band.

    ReplyDelete

You should definitely comment. Since there's not view count I dont know who/how many are actually reading this.