I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Monday, August 23, 2010

BEDA 23- First Day of School

My first day this semester was even more chaotic than the last.

So I came to UMSL in the spring last time. I've never been there during the start of the year in the fall. THERE ARE SO MANY MORE PEOPLE THERE! Parking was 100x worse than I was expecting.

I get to my class on the top floor of the farthest building and sit through that horrible moment where you're not 100% sure you're in the right room. One other guy walks out muttering something about the wrong day. I suddenly see the textbook on the teacher's desk and i'm like ok i'm in the right place.

5 minutes before class starts the teacher goes- ok so this class is intro to astronomy and you need a college algebra and trig pre-requisite. if you're not confident in your abilities to do the math required for this course there is another class with no math that is going on RIGHT NOW. Here's the syllabus for it and the room number.

HALF THE CLASS (including me) GETS UP AND LEAVES.

We all pile into the other lecture hall and confuse the hell out of the teacher.

So 15 minutes into that class I realize that this new class may not fit into my degree requirements. So i freak out and can't pay attention the whole period.

We get out early and I go to the office to check everything. Theres a girl up there with some police because she was yelling at the lady behind the desk. I get sent to another office where they print off a thing. I check the thing and scream (not literally) relief because the class DOES fill the requirement. So the class I WAS in was 1050. The class I switched to is 1001. (hint: higher numbers means harder class). I was in the wrong class to BEGIN with. It was NOT the intro course. My adviser put me in the wrong class because of how it was listed on the sheet. Its difficult to understand but I see how he made the mistake.

Anyway i'm so excited this is all going to work out. I go back to the first office and fill out a form and she tells me that it wont fit because there is a lab that conflicts with one of my other classes. Then she rattles off other classes that all conflict with work. Then she goes, oh no wait that lab is optional you CAN take that class.



Then my second class I walk in and see the guy next to me with the textbook so i'm in the right place. The teacher (who is hot btw) says "this is intro to advertising blah blah blah... and I just want to say.....

WAZAUUUPPPP?!"

and half the class stood up and said

"WAZAUUUPPP?!"

and the second half of the class is like wtf is going on. And the teacher says those who stood up read what she put online for the class and have passed the first assignment.

wow

So my advertising teacher is really animated and uses cool examples of stuff and the class is gonna be awesome.

Then I had work and it was ok but busy.

Tomorrow should go much smoother.

Reading: read some oblivion today. the story i'm on is the greatest.
I havent even listened to music yet today

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should definitely comment. Since there's not view count I dont know who/how many are actually reading this.