I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blaugust Day 2 etc- Family and 5 Misspelded Words

I was told by my, I guess BEDA/Blaugust/VEDA/Vlaugust buddies (?), that I should talk about my family.

I don't really know what to talk about other then a general breakdown of where everyone "stands" for lack of a better word.

First of all I just have one younger brother who is going to be 18 the beginning of October. Everyone that doesn't know him thinks he's like 12 or something which is kind of funny.

So I live with my brother and my parents. My grandparents, my dad's parents, live 1 block over in the house that my dad grew up in (the house that WE live in actually belonged to an old lady that paid my dad to cut her grass and he waited for her to die to buy her house). My dad is one of 5 kids. I have 2 uncles and 2 aunts on his side of the family. My grandpa owns a farm that he used to take the family to every weekend to put them to work and stuff. The whole country thing rubbed off on everyone because all my aunts and uncles moved out to the country. One of them owns his own farm. So there you have it i am legit part redneck

All of my aunts and uncles are married except one of my uncles is divorced. My two aunts have kids totaling 3 cousins that I have- all 3 girls, all 3 younger than me and my brother.

My mom just has one brother who is married and lives in California where he plays piano professionally. Both of my mom's parents have passed away, her dad when she was really young and her mom a few years ago. I don't really know my uncle very well because I barely get to talk to him and he is kind of a difficult person (which sounds mean but i'm not meaning it that way. he's very cool just kind of different). His wife is very nice and friendly.

Then there are other intricacies like my grandpa's two brothers- one deceased and one married twice, and my grandma's sister. But those areas don't have anything interesting to talk about.

My family has lots of inside jokes like i'm sure most families do. We have certain words that we used and phrases that we use that are just riddiculous when you don't understand the context.

Here are some examples with the context intentionally removed:
Beebs
Formost (not foremost, this is a different thing related to a motorcycle)
Tutor Nelpa
The Shit Eatin' Grin
and now that i'm trying to think of them it occurs to me that there are not as many as I thought because lots of them are already existing things we just say them with a weird voice or emphasis to denote family things.

My family is weird in the way that only a family can be. Its difficult to explain

Our main traditions are the way we do Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanksgiving used to always be at my grandparent's farm but the trailer there has become run down and we haven't been there in a while. So now thanksgiving is at whoever's house happens to be able to do it.

As for Christmas we go by order of age of my dad's side of the family. I can't remember if it goes oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest but they seem to know. My aunt started a new thing last christmas where she bought a serving dish and a special pen to write down who's house it was at and what year it was on the underside of the dish.

Also my aunts/uncles/parents do secret santas which are drawn at thanksgiving. All the children (meaning my dad and his siblings) usually save up for one big thing for my grandparents.

we don't really have anything ~juicy~ that goes on so this blog is kinda lame.

5 words I misspell all the time:
Together
Ridiculous
I cant think of 3 more at 12:30am which makes me sad.

Currently reading:
half way through HP and the Sorcerer's Stone
Oblivion by David Foster Wallace

Last song scrobbled:
The Crunge- Led Zeppelin

4 comments:

  1. it always is really weird to me whenever i realize that some people don't grow up or have a lot of extended family or cousins or don't see them very often. most of mine live somewhat close to here, some like 4 hours away in columbus, and then one family in kansas. but i usually see one of my mom's brothers family like at least once a week.

    traditions own so much even if they're weird. we still decorate gingerbread houses even though they youngest cousin is in like 9th grade and we are all way too old :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. valerie come visit your family in kansas (your family is me right)

    my family is also weird with inside jokes and stuff. at least, my dad's side. maybe you can explain the context of the stuff you wrote I always find stuff like that interesting because I'm weird ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really neat about the dish

    i am going to start rereading harry potter in a month or so here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paul, you should tweet everytime that you post one of these blogs.

    ReplyDelete

You should definitely comment. Since there's not view count I dont know who/how many are actually reading this.